I should have posted this before, since the deadline for submissions is tomorrow, but my library is working with the Monroe County Library System to put together a Library Publishing Toolkit.
Proposals are due tomorrow (February 15, 2013), but all we are asking for right now is a 300-500 word abstract about the services and strategies that your library. 24 hours is plenty of time to write 300 words!
If you are doing some interesting or innovative things related to publishing, think about sending in a proposal. Some questions we are hoping to answer include:
- What programs and services are offered by libraries to writers?
- Does your library help users develop curated content to publish either in print or digital form?
- What strategies are being used to select items for digitization?
- Has your library identified unique print materials to be digitized and potentially sold?
- Has your library developed partnerships with other agencies to support digital publishing?
If your abstract is selected (and you’ll know pretty quick), the final brief papers (just 2-5 pages) will be due on April 22nd.