I started back at work today after a three month maternity leave to take care of this little angel and her older sister:
What will be keeping me busy this summer?
- Weeding a significant portion of our Computer Science collection. How many books do you need about Fortran? Do we need a 1977 guide to using minicalculators in the classroom?
- Working with the committee composing our campus’ HHMI grant application
- Chairing a search committee
- Working on our campus’ Middle States Report
- Learning about the new CMS for our library website
- Figuring out what our new library assessment committee will be doing
- Talking with more faculty for a project I wrote about earlier
- Trying to remember why I put a note on my calendar to contact a certain faculty member next week. Perhaps I should have added an explanatory note!?
Luckily for me, summer time in my academic library is time to get the big projects done without worrying as much about reference desk hours and library instruction classes. It’s a good time to come back to work.
What keeps you busy during the summer?