Miscellaneous things I’ve learned lately
- Genetics researchers at undergraduate institutions can have a hard time finding projects that are interesting enough to get funding, but not so interesting that a larger lab swoops in to do the work.
- Our students got more books through ILL last year than they checked out from our own collection. (Special thanks to the IDS project for getting these books to students in 5 days on average)
- Two of the undergraduates I’ve taught in information literacy sessions are interested in science librarianship.
- This quote: “Facts are not science – as the dictionary is not literature.” -Martin Fisher, Fischerisms
- My two year old will eat cucumbers, just not the skin
- My organization is switching from Oracle calendar to Google calendar (Yay!) but we will have to run two systems simultaneously for a little while.