I have been on maternity leave for the past 2 1/2 months, and I am starting to get back into the swing of things.
Some of the projects currently on my list:
- Revise our science and mathematics subject guides. They were neglected before I came on board as science librarian and are in need of a big overhaul
- Weed the science reference collection (with my reference librarian colleagues)
- Put together a presentation about information literacy in Chemistry for a small workshop
- Analyze our print collection in the sciences, in case we have any money to buy more books next year
- Working with biology faculty to develop some information literacy strategies for the first year biology lab
- Miscellaneous web design projects, including a possible transfer of the library website to the Drupal CMS
- Ongoing assessment of our information literacy program
So, what do I tackle first upon my return? The easy things: possible style sheet changes for our website to change the look of our links. Sometimes the best way to get started again is to do a few easy things before hitting the larger projects.